Google+

Pages

miércoles, 6 de agosto de 2014

An Overview of LED TVs: Thinking of LED TV? Well Think Again

-->





An Overview of LED TVs: Thinking of LED TV? Well Think Again
I know virtually nothing about a LED TV and I am certain a lot of other persons don't know much either. However, because I would like a larger, lighter and more contemporary look at home some time soon, I decided to do a little research on the LED TVs I heard so much about and seen advertised.

Technology-wise, certainly leading the pack in the world of electronics is the LED TV which actually has been marketed since 2007. Being not much more advanced that the older cathode-ray tube television sets, I found that the difference really only rests on the fact that in order to make the set more lighter and thinner, electronic designers simply moved the LED panel lights to the four corners of the set. This is what basically is called - "backlit". Other than that, the LED is nothing more that an LCD television set.

I also heard that LED TVs saved money as far as energy consumption. However, when doing a little more research, I found that the actual cost savings per year amounts to only about $20.00. After much testing on the market, when comparing LED watts usage as opposed to LCD usage, an LED uses up 101 watts whereas an LCD uses up to 110 watts. It doesn't seem too much of a savings when one takes into consideration the cost of an LED which can be prohibitive to many consumers.

The actual costs of this platform of television ranges from about $400.00 upwards to about $3,500.00 depending on the features and size of the television sets. This is not a product for those concerned with austerity. The lesser priced LED TVs begin at about less than 40 inches. This leads us to the next major thing to consider when thinking LED TV - the available sizes.

Size is the actual determining factor in selecting a LED TV. What is the size desired; what is the size of the room in which you are going to place the set; and how much are you willing to pay for that choice. Also, other factors which need to be considered are: the purpose for the LED set. Is it going to be placed in a kitchen dining area? If this is the fact, then extra large is not that important. Is it for leisurely home entertainment? That's another issue.

And finally, I would have to touch on my limited experience when viewing the picture quality. Honestly, I believe there is very little picture improvement between an older model TV, an LCD, and a LED TV. If there is a difference, I would have to say it depends on the eyes of the beholder. There is a new feature called "local dimming" where the viewer can control the brightness and darkness of certain spots on the screen but even that is not too impressive for me personally.

So then, if a consumer is thinking of having one of those flat-screened LED TVs, I would recommend waiting for the price to come on down.Way down. I believe this was just another "hype" imposed on the American public just as was HD TV. It is nothing you cannot live without and in my list of priorities...I'll keep bringing it down to last.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario